24 July 2008

Missing My Angel and Company

Let me introduce Angel Marie Maki. My other child. The hardest decision I had to make with moving to China was my babies, Angel, Dobbie and Boudreaux the Cat - where should they go?
Angel is a 14 year old Lab Mix. She was given to us when she was a year old. Angel immediately won my heart with her calm personality. She is a big girl. Weighing in at 85lbs. We have moved her from Michigan to Louisiana to Kentucky and now back in Michigan to stay with my in laws. I know that she is not in the best of shape - old girls hips are a problem but with her medications she gets around just fine.

Our decision was to send her and her buddies to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan to stay on the farm. I don't know if she will still be with us when I return but I do know that the farm is a great place for her to live out her final years. Comfortable and I know that my in laws will care for her probably better then I could. I am at ease with my decision but I miss them all so much.

Bill is at work all day and Derek will be going to school in a couple of weeks which leaves me home alone and that will be difficult. Angel was my shadow and my comfort. I miss her so much.

No comments: