26 November 2015

Much to be Thankful for...even when I am being whinny.

Happy Autumn!

Bailey, My Fur Grandbaby
So the Indian blood in me has an issue with the whole celebration of the colonization of our mother land by the invading pilgram's with their shiny beads, guns and diseases.  Yet, still this is one of my favorite holidays as it it the time I get to spend with friends or family, the faces are depending on which continent I am residing in but the happiness is the same.  Typically this holiday is all about the food, laughter, much less stress than Christmas gatherings. But this year I find myself sitting here in the US of A, which means I should be surrounded by family and extended family but I not, I am alone in my daughters house with the dog as my only company.

How did this happen?  My tooth.  Thanks to a traumatic dental surgery on Monday the idea of traveling was not in the scope of pain management possibilities.  I recognized my limits and chose to stay home and send the kids on to their previous and highly anticipated gatherings.

Here I am...alone but not lonely, embracing the tranquility, recuperating and having a solid time to reflect on what there is in my life to be thankful for...it is an extensive list.

I have this amazing group of characters in my life from my husband to the friends we have adopted as our family.  I have these kids that continue to impress me with their ethics and determination, I have to reminding myself that I helped do that!  I have these grandchildren that are just nothing but brightness in my life.  I have a couple core friends that I know I will grow old with and we will be laughing at the same jokes and keeping our conversations moving forward for decades to come.  We all are easily distracted and stories can take days to get told.  :) I have these interesting and much appreciated social family that I don't see often, if ever, but when I need a word of cheer or support...they are always there...day or night.  Finally, I have my Hubster.  The man that makes my life an adventure and supports me and my crazy ideas without question.  Love you eternal!
No  Turkey today... chicken soup, donuts and
watermelon for dessert and snack tray.

I am a lucky lucky girl with much to be appreciative of and so today I will celebrate all the people that make my world full and balanced.

And most importantly, I will make an effort to do something for someone that is not as fortunate as I am today.

Happy Appreciation Day!


No comments: