10 October 2008

Grocery Shopping

I went to our local little grocery store to pick up items for dinner. I purchased all that is in the photo for 90 RMB. In US funds this is about $12.00.

There are four meats, one tofu, three packages of mixed veggies, three seasoning jars, two chocolates, a large juice, one package of coated peanuts, a watermelon and a honey pomalo fruit. All of this plus rice and you have three meals for a family of four plus leftovers for lunch. There is also three different baked goods that I trying for the first time. They have a name but I have no idea what it is or what they are - I am just trying a couple randomly. The baked goods are items that the chinese seem to enjoy for a meal. One of them has minced green onions in it, the other has a meat filling with an egg baked on the bottom of it and the third is something like a fried donut rolled in sugar. Not to bad for $12.00.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: