28 August 2008

Sinus Infection or Bird Flu?

Taken longer than anticipated to get some of these postings up and out to the masses. My people. My people. My people. As you read this please be humming: Gloria Gaynor 1970's Classic - I will Survive.

Every time two polarized cultures tried to cohabitat an area, someone got sick and normally died. Pilgrims/Indian, Spanish/Mexican, French/American, British/African, British/Egyptian, British/India. During all these explorations when two try to become one there is germs to mix and mingle that can be not so gooda. (Chinese cannot say good - it comes out gooda.)

Also please don't grade me on my history of invasions/settlements. My point is that when you go in a foreign land your body is not acclimated to the various germs and people get sick. They infect you and you infect them.

For our little experiment that someone is going to be me - minus the death part. Thank God for modern medicine. All I know is a sneezed really hard on Monday night and felt things plug, too bad it wasn't my bladder. Too much information. Sorry. Tuesday, I had a meeting at Derek's school at 830 by noon, I had fever and couldn't breathe. Wednesday, more of the same but I found the Vick's Dayquil I brought from the US and some nasal spray Bill got from the local doctor. Wednesday night, fever broke but still cannot breathe. Thursday (today) no fever, but nose is running like Niagara Falls. My nose is so red from wiping, snorting and blowing that I look like Rudolph's Cracked Out Sister.

Funny thing is that when you are not at "home" and you know there are things in the air that you would rather not come into contact with you freak out a little. Thus sinus infection or raging case of bird flu. Damn Tango and Cash.

No comments: